Three months have passed since our last roadmap planning session, so it’s time for another one!
Review - what happened in the last 3 months?
- improved the Karrot Android app, with additional benefits for the mobile page
- make recurring pickups more predictable, allow disabling of pickups
- email replies to wall messages now go into a thread
- pickup collectors are now ordered by join date
- show pickup until 30 minutes after start time, to make it easier accessing the chat
- allow unsubscribing from email notifications without logging in
- added group logo support
- automated removal of inactive group members
- started working on a conflict resolution feature - to be released in February!
- held a talk at 35C3
- held the Winter of Karrot to work together on Karrot development
- … and much more, have a look at the changelog!
Although the last three months had been quite active, we didn’t manage to implement all the things that we wanted and that were asked for. I assume that most of the features are still needed and could be considered for the next roadmap planning session. For this reason, I compiled a list of features. If you have a another request, feel free to comment on this post!
Which features should we prioritize for the next 3 months?
- pickups with start and end time
- pickups with lower and upper slot limit (“it needs at least 2 people and not more than 5 people”)
- add notifications when somebody drops out late from a pickup (e.g. 24 hours or less)
- handle much wanted pickups
- group pickup statistics (“total kg food saved”, “pickups done”, …)
- support for scheduling events/meetings/hangouts
- food share points / public places for food distribution
- store wall / conversation
- store subscriptions / favorite stores: get more notifications from some stores and hide notifications from other stores
- user mentions in messages
- improve extraction of replies via email
- allow removal of own messages (instead of just editing)
- moderation features (e.g. removal of posts from other users)
- sort group member list by last activity
- group-specific welcome email
- improve navigation (how? please comment!)
- make Karrot faster (which page? please comment!)
- support for sharing food between people on Karrot (“food baskets”)