España/Foodsaving in Spanien

Hi everybody,

I recently moved to Málaga/Spain and would like to try to kick off foodsaving here.

Does anyone happen to be around here or know somebody who could be interested in participating?

I am also grateful for any suggestions on how to get started!

1 Like

I don’t know anything about foodsaving in Spain myself, but Foodsharing Bilbao is active and using Karrot, it might be a useful connection, or inspiration :slight_smile:

There are also 3 inactive groups on Karrot in Spain, and potentially the people in them have useful tips, or maybe have moved (you should be able to view their email addresses in case they don’t read their messages on there):

1 Like

There’s also Nevera Solidaria project in Spain, also from Bilbao and thay have around 20 fridges in some bigger cities. They are not in Málaga but maybe it will be useful if you’re going to travel through the country.

… and this article too: Foodsharing Bilbao - The Beginning, maybe for some inspiration!

Hi @Elisabeth_Walther,

I don’t know anything about foodsaving in Málaga specifically.
But these links might be interesting to you:

Still in Malaga @Elisabeth_Walther ?
Anyone else around interested?
Or anyone knows of new developments in the South/Andalucia?

Hello @Paleta welcome to our forum!

Unfortunatly I don’t have any direct contact to people living in Spain doing foodsaving. Looking on the Karrot groups map I don’t see any active groups. Although quite a few inactive ones… I wonder what happened there. I guess that’s how it goes sometime. Maybe they still use other communication channels/ social media.

If you’re motivated to found a new group in your local area, you are very welcome to do so and start your own Karrot group! This needs some motivated people the begin with. You might find useful information here: https://foodsaving.world/ And of course people here in Karrot are happy to share experience and help you get startet!

Take care and keep us updated,
Nathalie

Hey guys! I don’t know if this group is still active but I recently moved to Madrid and want to find people to built a group! There is already a public facebook group but not very active. Somebody else also in Spain and interested?

Greeting,

Marie!

1 Like