Dear Karrot users,
I am a newbie developer that together with Janina has taken on the unofficial Summer of Karrot, which is a DIY version of the Rails Girls Summer of Code (which we applied for, but we didn’t get selected). We’re staying in Kanthaus and getting Nick, Tilmann & Chandi to coach us through this new strange and exciting coding world. And we’re working especially on one feature that we would hereby like to introduce!
This feature has been requested among the foodsaving groups and it’s all about becoming selective.
Up until now, the joining process was either:
- completely open, to anyone pushing the ‘join’ button:
- kind of completely open, to those knowing the one password to join:
Now is time for a big change.
Your new members will have to apply, by answering whatever questions you wish to ask them, like here:
It will be your job as a team to deal with their application, by
- writing words to them in the special applicant’s chat
- accepting or declining each application, that will be displayed as a fancy new list
- making them feel welcome!
This is basically the best we could think of, with our developing abilities, to give each one of you beautiful communities a big scary porter to only let the cool kids in. We’d be happy to receive any input, feedback, advice, requests. Just be kind, as you remember that we’re a team of unpaid, happy volunteers <3