Date: 2020-06-21 11:00 (UTC+2)
Participants: Tilmann, Janina, Nick, Bruno, Valentin
- pickups to activities
- just on the frontend code, ignoring the translation strings, no user-facing change for now
- Nick started on Monday and Tilmann merged it on Saturday
- vision for future of activities:
- just omit the specific word for the type of activity in the strings
- make it so that you just specify the type of activity in one location and not in tons of translation strings and such
- requires us to be a bit more creative, maybe even have less sentences and clearer contexts
- there could be different types of activities in one group, with ‘activities’ as a parent category
- at some point we could even have custom activity types
- short mention of difficulty to find balance between too much and too little general applicability in software
- this topic is also a candidate for a design sprint
- community design process
- the team is Nick and Bruno now, which is fine. there’s a very good energy and a really clear scope.
- they chat each Wednesday now to further the process
- if this rhythm persist it will take 3-4 more weeks until we can try it out
- Nick seeded the idea in the community forum a week ago
- hopefully some people will be interested to participate (Karolina? Dan? Solikyl ppl?)
- there will also be a spot to include input from experts - that could be fitting for people like Doug
- the process is meant to be highly adaptive so that it can also be used in different settings and projects (like foodsharing… ;))
- (S)HCI conference NordiCHI
- “To promote broader participation from design practitioners, and community activists, we offer the option of submitting alternative material in the form of a design portfolio, a short manifesto, or the like.”
- open issues to newcomers https://github.com/yunity/karrot-frontend/issues/2062
- Tilmann started this just yesterday
- performance optimations are one goal, reducing unintuitive behavior of Karrot the other
- this change would introduce a new loophole: the person who has a conflict resolution ongoing against themselves could accept a lot of fake users in the group and fake the vote with it
- we can ignore this until it happens, because it would be quite obvious and we can revert this using admin superpowers…
- we could also make it so that people who have been added to a group after a conflict resolution has started cannot vote or join the conversation of this specific case - this is more work though
- another co-working session on monday afternoon 13:00 - 16:00?
- Tilmann thought it was quite nice, so let’s do it again!
- Bruno would like to join but Monday doesn’t fit him - Nick suggests to have two in the week
- Bruno got a bit stuck, Tais has loads to do with her thesis
- we hope for the next wave of motivation/time to come soon!
- Anecdote from foodsharing.de
- Matthias coded a new feature for Nathalie’s birthday:
- the living utopia instance of big blue button integrated inside foodsharing!
- It’s not completely inside, meaning it opens in a new tab and doesn’t have the same look, but it takes your username from foodsharing and there is a specific room linked in every district
- Janina finds out how we can use it next week!
- create a Karrot channel at living utopia’s BBB?
- write email to SHCI conference to find out more
- co-working => Monday 13:00 - 16:00 and Thursday 10:00 - 13:00 in the ecotopia mumble! (https://wiki.ecotopiabiketour.net/Mumble_setup)
Next week there is the money call following the normal one!
Next meeting: 2020-06-28 11:00 (UTC+2)
Next facilitator: Nick
Where: https://meet.jit.si/karrot (or we try BBB?)