I just deployed a minor change, that fixes the translations strings for the general purpose theme, e.g. the bike kitchen projects. So “Activities” should show up again in the left menu (and other places) instead of “Pickups”.
A new version is released! 8.7.1
The most significant change is that you can now attach images to messages (works for any kind of message, walls, private chats, activity chats, etc…)!
Also, there is a new group switcher for desktop (click the group picture in the top left of karrot), useful if you are a member of multiple groups.
- Allow images to be attached to messages [#2128] #1028 @nicksellen
- Display number of total group members on top of member list [#2149] @djahnie
I also did a minor release (8.7.2), which adds better support for Luxembourgish (thanks to @danveg)
We’re releasing v8.8.0 now
The main differences are actually behind the scene, we switched the way we use the Quasar library (which is where our user interface components come from). This might cause a few issues temporarily during our deployment.
This switch enables us to support “PWA” (Progressive Web App) method of installation, so instead of installing the app from the play store, you can use “add to home screen” (or similar) inside your browser, and it will behave a bit like a proper app. In the future we’ll repackage the app too using this technology, we just need to wrap it in yet another acronym, a “TWA” (Trusted Web Activity). Confusing huh! So, literally we will have a SPA delivered as a PWA inside a TWA. Phew!
- Karrot can now be added to your homescreen (installed as App). Check out the button at the bottom of your profile settings page! @tiltec
- Added group activity statistics display @nicksellen
Today v9.0.0 is released!
The biggest change is we now support co-ordinating more than just pickups, but also meetings, distributions, and events. You can read more about that here --> What are activity types in Karrot?
Another change we hope makes karrot easier for people to find their local groups is that we now emphasize nearby groups in the group gallery. We use geo ip (that uses your IP address to find an approximate location, see this wikipedia article that explains a bit more about that) to show users the groups that are nearest to them more prominently.
The still-quite-new activity statistics page can now show information from all time, so long as you don’t have a user selected (in which case it will only go back 6 months, as it did before). This was from a request from @danveg.
We also now save your message drafts, making it harder to lose your messages (e.g. if you lose connection, or navigate away from the page, or karrot decides to reload). They are stored locally on the device.
Smaller changes/fixes are:
- clearer input box on the application form
- accept/decline buttons for applications now show in the chat sidebar
- small map toggles are fixed
- selection of issues in the list improved
- group select on profile page fixed
- updated playstore rollout method
See changelog for full details of the changes, and links to the code.
A small update today. Version v9.1.0.
The group switcher image sizes could end up HUGE sometimes for some people (see issue, and this is fixed now.
(Also fixed a minor detail about group ordering when geoip is not available (no visible symptoms)).
See changelog for full details.
Version v9.2.0 released just now!
The most visible change is in the display of activities, thanks to our new more UX-focused contributors from Freiburg
In terms of features the most notable part is you can now add/edit/customize your groups activity types! This has been a long time coming, and I’m very happy to have this feature now that let’s you customize Karrot for your use cases
[9.2.0] - 2020-03-23
- use default group location for defaultMapCenter when creating a new place @larzon83 [#2293]
- Remove disabled pickups on applied filters on pickups page @pogopaule [#2271]
- activities: improve design and UX of activities listing @larzon83 [#2303]
- Small redesign of place page @brnsolikyl [#2266]
- activities: only hover pictures if device supports it @larzon83 [#2297]